LOCATION: Airport Blvd. and Colfax, Aurora
ABOUT THE LITTLE: Easy baby boy welcomed at the end of January. He’s currently breastfeeding and working on taking a bottle. Mom has a full stock of breastmilk; therefore, the nanny must be knowledgeable with breastmilk preparation.
HOURS NEEDED: Minimally 45 hours per week; approximately 8 am to 5 or 6 pm Monday through Friday. The exact schedule will be finalized closer to the start date.
PAY RATE: $18-21 per hour before taxes, plus time and a half for hours over 40/wk.
START DATE: May 21st
COMMITMENT LENGTH: The family is looking for someone at the very least until January.
PETS: Two little dogs that are pretty self-sufficient- they go in and out through their doggie door. It would be helpful if the nanny could feed them and make sure their water bowl stays full.
VEHICLE/TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: The nanny must have a safe and reliable vehicle to use on the job. Mileage will be reimbursed. The nanny will be responsible for taking the baby to well-check appointments or other doctor’s appointments if needed. The family would prefer to the nanny go on walks outside their neighborhood; in order to do so, the nanny is welcome to drive with baby to a better walking location.
REQUIREMENTS: This job is not for everyone! A position like this requires a reliable and professional nanny. Mom is finishing med school and Dad’s work can be demanding as well. Working for a medical professional is unlike working for other working parents. Please only consider applying if you fit the below requirements.
- Reliable, reliable, RELIABLE! Due to Mom and Dad’s profession, candidates must be reliable and punctual. If you arrive on time you’re late, if you arrive early, you’re on time!
- Ability to follow the parents’ direction while being able to efficiently handle things. Mom and Dad are not super reachable during the day; for that reason, they count on the nanny to be self-directed, motivated, proactive and able to make decisions. The nanny will have the opportunity to shadow Mom for several days before she returns to work.
- No cry it out, instead, attentive to the baby’s needs and willingness to follow a baby-led schedule.
- Washing bottles and pumping parts.
- Assisting with baby’s laundry.
- Light errands such as picking up the pre-ordered items at the grocery store.
WISH LIST ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY):
- Preferably the nanny is willing to use cloth diapers. The parents are more than willing to show candidates how to use cloth diapers.
PAID TIME OFF: The family is offering a generous amount of paid time off in addition to major holidays as paid days off. Mom and Dad do not have flexible jobs, therefore, it’s extremely important the nanny does not call in sick.
VACCINATION POLICY: Current on vaccinations is a must. This includes an annual flu shot and current on the TDAP immunization.
SICK POLICY: The nanny needs to be comfortable caring for baby in the event he I sick. Sick time is not an option- the nanny is needed every day!
DO THE PARENTS WORK FROM HOME: No but occasionally Mom might be studying for her board exams from home.
COMFORTABLE WITH A NANNY MOM: Due to the reliability needs, a nanny mom would not be a good fit.Click here to apply