LOCATION: DTC Blvd. and E Prentice Ave., Greenwood Village
ABOUT THE LITTLE: Two intelligent boys, 6 years old and 20 months. These young gentlemen are active, affectionate, and do best when kept busy and engaged. Above all, the boys love to read and be read to. They enjoy music, dance parties, educational, play-based classes, trips to the library, exploring, adventures and outings. Time outside is important too!
The family fosters a loving discipline style. Firm, healthy boundaries while reasoning with the boys, talking through choices.
HOURS NEEDED: Full-time, 55+ hours per week. Monday through Thursday 7:15 am to 6:30/7 pm, Friday 7:15 am to 5:30/6 pm.
PAY RATE: $18+ per hour. Taxes are withheld. Overtime pay at the rate of time and a half, offered for hours exceeding 40 hours per week.
START DATE: As soon as possible but dedicated to finding the right fit.
COMMITMENT LENGTH: The nanny is viewed as an extension of the family. For that reason, the ideal candidate is someone who is willing to build a long-lasting relationship, willingness to be invested and dedicated to the family. A minimum of a one-year commitment is required.
PETS: No pets.
TRANSPORTATION/VEHICLE NEEDS: A clean driving record is essential. Preferably the nanny has a safe and reliable vehicle to use on the job, mileage will be reimbursed. If the nanny cannot use their own vehicle, the family can provide a vehicle for use.
REQUIREMENTS: As new transplants to Colorado, this previous east coast family is looking for a career, professional nanny to partner with. The perfect candidate is someone who is proactive and supportive of the family in order for the whole family to be as successful as possible. Requirements include:
- Most importantly, the nanny needs to be focused on the children. This includes encouraging the four areas of child development: cognitive, physical, emotional, and social. The nanny will be responsible for planning activities dedicated to inspire these four areas. For example, Mondays could be geared towards educational activities and learning. Counting, singing songs, exploring new places, asking questions, playing a variety of new games, etc. Tuesdays and Thursdays might encourage physical development such as going to a park or playground. Wednesdays can be play-date days. In order to strengthen social development, motivate curiosity and community activities. Keeping both boys healthy, busy and engaged is essential.
- Trustworthy, punctual and reliable. Communication is an important aspect of the job. The nanny needs to be willing to communicate with Mom and Dad about school activities, developmental progress, pediatrician visits, etc.
- Proactive, organized, willing to take initiative, strong work ethic and doing what needs to be done to ensure success for the entire family. The nanny needs to have a high standard or professionalism.
- Assisting with family meals and family laundry. Wiping down the kitchen, and tidying up after the days’ activities. The children are encouraged to help clean up making it fun and a teachable moment.
WISH LIST ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY):
- Live-in is highly preferred but not a deal breaker.
PAID TIME OFF: A generous amount of paid time off is offered along with paid holidays. Health benefits are negotiable.
VACCINATION POLICY: Current on vaccinations including an annual flu shot is a must.
SICK POLICY: Care for sick children is a requirement. Although the oldest is in school full-time, in the event he is sick and stays home from school, the nanny will be responsible for care.
DO THE PARENTS WORK FROM HOME: No. Both parents have a demanding work schedule. Dad is out of the state Monday through Friday and home on the weekends. Mom travels often for her job as well.
COMFORTABLE WITH A NANNY MOM: Due to the hours and needs, a nanny mom would not be a good fit for this position.
COMMENTS: Health benefits are negotiable. Excessive cell phone use or being disengaged, would not be a good fit.Click here to apply