LOCATION: Virginia and S. Franklin, Wash Park, Denver
ABOUT THE LITTLES: A high energy 18-month-old little fella. This young man loves to climb, move, and play- basically anything physical and active! He does best on a structured schedule. Consistent eating and nap times are super important. The family is expecting baby #2 mid-November. The nanny will still be needed as usual once baby comes. If anything, the nanny will acquire more responsibilities related to the baby later on.
HOURS NEEDED: 25 hours per week; Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 11am-5pm, Tuesdays 3:30-8:30pm and Thursdays 3-6pm. The family can be flexible with their schedule for the right person; if you are interested but have a different schedule need, please apply!
The perfect person is someone willing to be flexible with the schedule as job duties evolve; there will be a great deal of change over the next 12 months with the addition of a new baby and the family needs someone willing to evolve with their family.
PAY RATE: $20-$22 per hour before taxes.
START DATE: End of May or close to June 4th would be ideal, but flexible for the right fit.
COMMITMENT LENGTH: A year commitment preferably
PETS: Two cats. No pet responsibilities, except possibly checking on the cats when the family is out of town. At this time, they do not have any travel plans.
VEHICLE/TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: The family strongly prefers the nanny has a safe and reliable vehicle to use on the job. It’s possible the nanny can use the family’s car if needed.
- Staying engaged and active is imperative! The nanny will be responsible for exploring outside daily, come up with age appropriate play and learning activities, adventures outside the house, including the park, pool, Storytime, play dates with other nannies, etc.
- Experience with toddler and infant ages. Above all else, someone that can bond with the toddler. Encouraging curiosity, exploring, and growing.
- Attentive, outgoing, energetic, playful, fun, easy-going, engaging, warm, nurturing.
- Someone that will converse with the children and help develop communication and language skills; foster toddler developmental milestones.
- Mature, trustworthy and highly responsible with children.
- Highly communicative, responsive with parents.
- After a settling-in period, ability to be proactive and work independently, see what needs to be done and doesn’t wait to be asked.
- Plan and prepare healthy, balanced, appealing meals and snacks for the toddler.
- Light household tasks (mostly during nap time) such as:
- Keeping bedrooms and play spaces picked-up and organized.
- Wash feeding, bottle and pump parts.
- Keeping toys well organized and in their places.
- Focus on main floor living space and cleaning messes made by the kiddos (ex: wipe down kitchen surfaces, sweep kitchen floors, occasionally empty dishwasher and load dirty dishes, occasionally take out recycling, trash, compost when cans are full).
- Home organization (these will be more unique, one-off “projects”, for example: help prepare for arrival of new baby, tidy up the kitchen cabinets, organize the laundry room, organize the pantry).
- Occasional errands (example: grocery run, mail a package).
- Occasional, basic meal prep for the family.
WISH LIST ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY):
- Postpartum doula experience or experience supporting families with a newborn.
- Formal training/education in early childhood or relevant field.
- Previous childcare experience caring for more than one child.
- Experience with breastfeeding infants.
- A skill that can be shared with the children (music, language, etc.).
- Potty training experience.
- Experience welcoming a sibling.
- Experience in transitioning to solid foods.
- Travel and overnight experience; open to considering occasional travel and overnights.
- College degree.
PAID TIME OFF: The family will compensate the nanny for anytime they don’t need care. Additional paid time off is offered; the exact amount is negotiable.
VACCINATION POLICY: Candidates must be current on vaccinations including the TDAP shot and an annual flu shot.
DO THE PARENTS WORK FROM HOME: Yes, Mom is in and out throughout the day.
COMFORTABLE WITH A NANNY MOM: Due to the responsibilities, the family is not open to a nanny mom at this time.Click here to apply