LOCATION: Martin Luther King Blvd. and Havana, Bluff Lake, Stapleton, Denver
ABOUT THE LITTLES: A happy young man who celebrated his 1st birthday in December and a smart 4-year-old little lady who attends school full-time, Monday through Friday. Most of nanny’s time will be spent with the son in between the daughter’s school drop-off (8:30am) and pick-up (3:00pm) times.
HOURS NEEDED: Minimum of 40 hours per week (4 days). Approximately 10-hour days, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:30pm. One weekday off per week of nanny’s choice. One date night per month. Three weekend overnights per year (Friday to Sunday). Family’s schedule is very consistent and can be planned 12 weeks in advance, but they would also like a nanny whose schedule can be flexible for occasional changes.
PAY RATE: $18-$20 per hour, possibly negotiable for the perfect nanny. The family is open to 3,6 and 12-month reviews where pay raises will be considered based on job performance.
START DATE: June start date or sooner for the perfect nanny!
COMMITMENT LENGTH: Long-term, minimally a year commitment. There is nothing more Mom and Dad would love than to have a consistent “3rd parent” in their family’s life; someone the children can bond with and a nanny who offers stability and love. Even when the littles are in school full-time, there will be plenty of household manager duties to occupy hours.
PETS: No pets.
VEHICLE/TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: A safe and reliable vehicle to use on the job is a must!
REQUIREMENTS: This family is super easy, kind, generous, and flexible. So much so, if candidates would like to meet or shadow the family’s current nanny, as a way to better understand the job and family, applicants are welcome to!
- Super self-motivated and ability to take initiative.
- The perfect nanny is someone who is a professional nanny and truly cares about the profession. Other traits should include fun, active, loving, organized, patient, reliable, communicative, attentive to detail, a planner and a capable problem solver.
- Daily responsibilities include taking out the trash and recycling, loading and unloading the dishwasher, picking up toys and checking the mail.
- Weekly responsibilities include emptying the diaper pail, sweeping the living room and kitchen, wiping the counter tops, and the family’s laundry.
- Additional responsibilities beyond childcare would be grocery shopping, shopping to re-stock household supplies, various errands (UPS, dry cleaning, doctor appointments, haircuts, etc.), dinner prep, and family’s laundry.
- The nanny is encouraged to be active; the family has memberships to museums, pools and the zoo.
- Transparency and communication are valued family traits.
- Mom and Dad describe their parenting style as firm but gentle discipline, play-based learning, encouraging choices, fostering independence, teaching emotional awareness.
PAID TIME OFF: Paid time off is negotiable.
VACCINATION POLICY: Current on vaccinations is a requirement.
SICK POLICY: The nanny must be comfortable caring for sick kiddos.
DO THE PARENTS WORK FROM HOME: No.
COMFORTABLE WITH A NANNY MOM: Due to the responsibilities of the position, a nanny mom would not be a good fit.
COMMENTS: Possibility to travel with the family! All expenses paid for in addition to the hourly pay when children are in nanny’s care.Click here to apply