LOCATION: Hwy 36 and McClasin Blvd., Louisville
ABOUT THE LITTLE: Two little guys; a 2-year-old and the youngest was welcomed mid-March of this year.
The family fosters a loving discipline style. Firm, healthy boundaries while reasoning with the boys, talking through choices.
HOURS NEEDED: 28 hours per week; Monday through Thursday 11 am to 6 pm. Some flexibility with start and end times.
PAY RATE: $18-$22 per hour, taxes are negotiable
START DATE: ASAP!
COMMITMENT LENGTH: A minimum of a one-year commitment.
PETS: One dog, there are no responsibilities related to the 4-legged baby but being comfortable with him is necessary.
TRANSPORTATION/VEHICLE NEEDS: A safe and reliable vehicle to use on the job is a must!
REQUIREMENTS: This sweet family is looking for a minimum of a year commitment starting right away! As you can imagine, this is a busy household with two small children. In addition, the family just moved to their new home in Louisville.
- The perfect nanny is a self-starter, hardworking, confident reliable and diligent.
- The ideal nanny is a natural caregiver, positive, silly, engaging and willing to expose the boys to new things in a safe way.
- Developing the boys’ language is important; reading, singing and talking to the boys is encouraged.
- No screen time please!
- The oldest goes to a Montessori school Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 12 pm. The nanny will be responsible for picking him up at his nearby school. If the nanny has a background in Montessori that would be great but not required.
- Communication is a key factor. Asking the Aunt or parents, “what would you like me to do? I can take the boys out, let them spend time with you while I clean up the kitchen, distract them or Im open to other suggestions?” To the family, a nanny is more than a care provider; it’s someone who can be a part of their family and share the same goals for the family as a whole.
- The perfect nanny is someone who is willing to take initiative. The family does not need a ton of household work completed but there could be a great deal of down time while the boys are napping. It would be great if the nanny could simply ask, “what can I help with?” There might be tasks that change day to day such as washing bottles, loading or unloading the dishwasher, boys’ laundry, family’s laundry, emptying the diaper pail, etc. As busy parents, Mom and dad are really in need of someone who is proactive and willing to take imitative.
WISH LIST ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY):
- The family describes their perfect nanny as someone who runs things just like Mary Poppins! Firm, healthy boundaries but fun and creative.
PAID TIME OFF: Negotiable.
VACCINATION POLICY: Pro- vaccine family, nanny must be current on vaccinations.
SICK POLICY: Negotiable.
DO THE PARENTS WORK FROM HOME: Mom works from her separate office space when she’s not traveling. The family wants to instill healthy and respectable boundaries in order for the nanny and children to thrive.
COMFORTABLE WITH A NANNY MOM: Not at this time.
COMMENTS: N/AClick here to apply