Kris Smooke, Owner/Instructor Tiny Hands Learning
Partnering with Kiddie Up!
Kiddie Up Nannies and Tiny Hands Learning are partnering up to offer an online course dedicated to Baby Sign! The online course, taught by Kris Smooke, owner/instructor of Tiny Hands Learning, is a qualified and experienced teacher. Along with this partnership, Kiddie Up’s nannies will receive the course at a discounted rate! Please refer to the coupon code below to access our exclusive discount.
About Baby Signs
Wouldn’t it be great if you had a window into your baby’s thoughts and growing personality? Actually, you do! Babies can communicate using simple signs and gestures before they are able to talk. Instead of yelling and screaming for what they want or need, children are able to ask for it using sign language. Being able to understand littles through baby signs empowers them to be confident little communicators.
Research suggests that using baby signs has significant and long term benefits for your child’s growing brain.
- Teaching a baby to sign has remarkable emotional and social benefits; reducing tears, tantrums and frustrations.
- Teaching sign language will promote fine motor skills as they practice signing back to you.
- Getting down on your baby’s level and actively engaging with them in this way is a great bonding experience for you both.
- Bilingual families can utilize signs to tie spoken languages together.
- Language is processed in the left side of our brains while visual stimuli is processed in the right side. Using signs while using spoken language engages both sides of the brain simultaneously. Studies show that boosting baby’s brain development in this way can result in:
- Earlier reading and larger reading vocabulary
- Better grades in school
- 12+ IQ point advantage
- Larger speaking vocabulary and ability to form longer sentences
- Signing with your baby gives them a taste of communication and encourages them to talk. Signing babies are generally early talkers.
When to Begin
There is no such thing as too much language exposure so whether you start signing with your baby right from Day 1 or wait until they are nearly 2 years old and desperate for language, you will enjoy the improved communication that baby signing brings!
Owner, operator and instructor of Tiny Hands Learning, Kris Smooke saw the need to offer an online course where nannies and families can easily access the teachings and learn more about Baby Sign. Kris graduated in the field of Interpreting American Sign Language (ASL) and found a way to integrate her love for teaching with her love for this visual language. Kris is a mother of two and became passionate about baby signs as soon as she began reaping the benefits of baby signs with her own children. In the past five years Kris has worked with hundreds of children of all ages and abilities and the response has been nothing but positive. Common feedback includes the empowerment of babies being understood and the simplicity of following THL’s program.
To learn more about Tiny Hands Learning and the online course, click here! To access Kiddie Up’s exclusive discount, use the promo code KIDDIEUP